The MARIA™ breast imaging system has been developed in response to the need for a breast scanning system that is effective in all tissue types that is painless and harmless.
- The system consists of a horizontal bed with an aperture and a hemispherical scanning head located underneath it.
- The patient lies in a prone position with the breast to be scanned pendant through the bed opening so that it is aligned over the scanning head.
- In order to ensure maximum contact between the patient’s breast and the system, a fluid similar to a body lotion is applied over the circumference of the breast.
- There is no breast compression involved with MARIATM, as the breast is fitted comfortably in the scanning head.
- The MARIATM system is designed to accommodate patients with different breast sizes.
The total scanning time of a breast is less than 1 minute with image generation taking less than 5 minutes.
The MARIA™ system is not cleared for use by the FDA
Clinical poster and presentation
Micrima is pleased to have had a poster at the EUSOBI scientific meeting this year and the …
Micrima’s latest grant funded project
Reaching a final diagnosis for Breast cancer is a complex process with many steps. Despite the diagnostic performance …